Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Birthday!


Today was such and AWESOME day despite the fact the I got off of work at 3 in the morning and had and early start it was still an awesome day. My husbands family planned a surprise birthday BBQ for Grandma Pei. 79 years old and counting. It was such a success. I think anytime you have good food, good company, and lots of fun it's aways and awesome day!

Anyways, Her day started with an early hair appointment at the salon. While she was out the house we all rushed to the house to make my dessert, Delbert already firin' up the grill and Dee waitin' to get her side dishes started. We had our music bumpin', kids laughin' and food was cookin'. By the time she got back she was like, "what is this for?" Dee told her it was for her birthday and she said, "I told you I didn't want anything for my birthday!" But as the neighbors were gathering and the decorations went up she had the biggest KOOLAID smile and we knew that even tho' she says that she didn't want anything she was SUPER happy that we were there celebrating her birthday. I know being able to watch her family gather was a gift in itself.

I hope you had a wonderful and blessed birthday. I'm very grateful for her and for all that she does to be the example and to keep our family close.

Oute alofa tele ia te oe. Manuia lou aso fanau!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a party. happy bday to grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to know that you guys are still doing it up for her party. also, why werent we invited to the party?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Tama... I guess you would have to ask Dee... Plans changed so many times that she just gave us a call the day before and we just went on from there... Sorry! LOL!

    ReplyDelete