Sunday, August 30, 2009

Today was a good day!

Well once again another beautiful Sunday. Our goal in mind is to Keep the Sabbath day Holy. Although that was our goal we so didn't achieve it today. We went to a missionary homecoming/farewell meeting today and it was really good. Loved the speakers, music and the spirit that was there. I left that meeting thinking yes we're definitely gonna get it right today... Instead we head over to my sisters (no name... LOL) to drop off my niece and the TV is on, Radio is blasting in the back, kids are playing and my nephew is on the laptop... I start yelling at the kids to stop but it doesn't help. I got sucked into the couch and started watching TV. Now I know why all electronics had to be off on Sundays... I just had to learn it on my own. So anyways, while watching TV my husband gets a text and his family and they are at the park about to have toga'i... We head over there and to make it worse they're setting up the volleyball net... LOL... I know, I know! We sat for maybe 1-2 hours trying really hard to keep it holy but it didn't last... now we're on the volleyball court like it was any other day. Well I know this isn't the best example or the right track to keepin' the sabbath day holy. But we tried and fail but we'll keep trying. The reason it was a good day was because of great company (family), good food, and lots of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment